Even if you appreciate your laptop’s small size and portability, a thief may view those same characteristics as an opportunity to break-in. Using Lojack for Laptops, you can keep track of your laptop’s whereabouts in the event that it is stolen.
However, if you are reading this article, it’s likely that you’re not a frequent traveler and treat your laptop with extreme caution; you may not need LoJack for Laptops. As a result, I’m going to provide authentic solutions to the question “how to remove LoJack from laptop.”
Therefore, stay with us until the conclusion in order to obtain the solutions. Without further ado, let us begin.
Things To Expect When Uninstalling Lojack For Laptop Premium
- Laptop Premium is not included in LoJack’s program and feature database.
- You require additional permissions in order to present Uninstall LoJack.
- The record that was supposed to complete this foundation was unable to run.
- When not all records are presented in a viable manner, a blunder has occurred.
- Another measure that makes use of the record is to prevent the PC premium from being displayed.
- After the foundation, LoJack’s files and coordinators were discovered on the hard circle.
How To Remove Lojack From A Laptop? [Step By Step Guide]
Step 1: Shut Down Your Laptop
To begin deactivating Lojack from your system, press down on the “Power” button on the PC’s tower or upper keyboard bezel.
Step 2: Power on your computer and navigate to the BIOS menu.
Here, you must restart your computer and wait for the manufacturer’s logo to appear on the monitor. When it appears, immediately click the BIOS access key that appears on the monitor to bring up the BIOS menu.
While the BIOS keys vary by manufacturer, frequently pressing the “DEL” or “F2” key brings up the BIOS menu.
Step 3: In the BIOS main menu, navigate to the “Security” tab.
Utilize the arrow keys to navigate to the “Security” tab on the BIOS main menu (as the computer is incapable of doing so). There are three options for Lojack in that location. Most likely, the “Deactivated” option was selected.
Step 4: Press “Enter” to select Disable Option For Lojack.
To completely disable Lojack on your laptop, click the “Disable” option and press “Enter” on your keyboard. When the Lojack module is disabled, you will no longer be able to activate it.
Re-enter the “Enter” key to validate the “Disable” selection.
Step 5: Press the “F10” key to save the new settings, which will cause your laptop to reboot into the operating system.
To save the new settings, press the “F10” key, and the computer will reboot into the operating system for your laptop.
Uninstall LoJack using the uninstaller.exe included with the program.
Most pcs contain an executable file named uninst000.exe or uninstall.exe. These reports are located in the LoJack for Laptop Premium Installation Folder.
- Navigate to LoJack Installation Coordinator for Laptop Premium.
- X or unins000.exe to install them
- Uninstall LoJack by double-clicking on its uninstaller archive and following the wizard’s instructions.
Uninstall Lojack Using The system Restore Option
System Restore is a built-in feature of the Windows operating system that enables users to revert the system to its original state and uninstall applications that interfere with normal computer operation.
Consider creating a system restore point prior to implementing a strategy. In that case, you can use System Restore to restore your operating system and remove any malicious applications, such as Lojack. It is recommended that you backup all of your critical files and data before attempting to recover the system.
- Close all open files and programs on the laptop—right-click My Computer and select Properties.
- Now the system window will appear. Click System Protection on the left side of the System pane. The System Properties window is displayed.
- On your laptop’s screen, select the System Restore option, and the System Restore windows dialogue box will appear.
- Click Next to select another recovery point.
- After selecting a date and time format from the list, click Next. It is prudent to advise you that not all programs and drivers installed after the specified date and time will operate properly and will require reinstallation.
Is it necessary to disable Lojack indefinitely?
If a Windows operating system that runs Lojack is installed on the computer, Lojack is likely to enable and activate itself. Computrace Lojack is permanently disabled if it is completely disabled, which is something you should try if it is safe.
Is it possible to track a stolen Dell laptop?
Dell cannot directly trace your laptop using the Service Tag or Serial Number unless you installed a specific anti-theft application (such as LoJack for Laptops) when you purchased it. You should first notify the police that your laptop has been stolen, and then use this link to notify Dell.
How do I prevent my stolen laptop from being used?
You can remotely lock the device if you find it and want to prevent others from using it or viewing your files.
Select Lock> Next when you locate the device on the map.
Write a message for the person who discovers your device’s lock screen.
Finding out “How to remove LoJack from laptop” may seem like a daunting task, You should make every effort to see that it becomes a reality. You can be sure to find a solution if you follow the steps above and try every option that I shared.
Please let me know in the comments if you have any further questions about “how to remove LoJack from the laptop.” I’d be happy to assist you. I hope this blog post has been helpful to you.
READ MORE –